Check out the new Hyper-V, find new and easier ways to remotely connect back into the office, or learn all about Storage Spaces—these are just a few of the features in Windows Server 2012 R2 that are explained in this updated edition from Windows authority Mark Minasi and a team of Windows Server experts led by Kevin Greene. This book gets you up to speed on all of the new features and functions of Windows Server, and includes real-world scenarios to put them in perspective. If you’re a system administrator upgrading to, migrating to, or managing Windows Server 2012 R2, find what you need to do the job in this complete resource.
Learn all about:
- Installing or upgrading to and managing Windows Server 2012 R2
- Understanding Microsoft NIC teams 2012 and PowerShell
- Setting up via GUI or updated Server Core 2012
- Migrating, merging, and modifying your Active Directory
- Managing address spaces with IPAM
- Understanding new shared storage, storage spaces, and better tools
- Controlling access to file shares—a new and improved approach
- Using and administering Remote Desktop, Virtual Desktop, and Hyper-V
Table of Contents Download Now »
Invaluable coverage on all aspects of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Completely updated for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager, this comprehensive book provides intermediate and advanced coverage of all aspects of the product, including planning and installation, migrating from previous versions of Configuration Manager, deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring and troubleshooting, and automating and customizing.
- Provides numerous real-world scenarios to show you how to use the tool in various contexts
- Explores planning and installation and migrating from SCCM 2007
- Walks you through deploying software and operating systems, security, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrates automating and customizing SCCM 2012 with scripts
This essential book provides you with all the information you need to get savvy with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Overview of Service Management
Chapter 2. Planning a Configuration Manager Infrastructure
Chapter 3. Migrating to Configuration Manager 2012
Chapter 4. Installation and Site Role Configuration Download Now »
Make AutoCAD your own with powerful personalization options
Options for AutoCAD customization are typically the domain of administrators, but savvy users can perform their own customizations to personalize AutoCAD. Until recently, most users never thought to customize the AutoCAD platform to meet their specific needs, instead leaving it to administrators.
If you are an AutoCAD user who wants to ramp up personalization options in your favorite software, AutoCAD Platform Customization: User Interface and Beyond is the perfect resource for you. Author Lee Ambrosius is recognized as a leader in AutoCAD platform customization and can help you get the most out of AutoCAD.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Establishing the Foundation for Drawing Standards
Chapter 2. Working with Nongraphical Objects
Chapter 3. Building the Real World One Block at a Time
Chapter 4. Manipulating the Drawing Environment
Chapter 5. Customizing the AutoCAD User Interface for Windows
Chapter 6. Customizing the AutoCAD User Interface for Mac
Chapter 7. Creating Tools and Tool Palettes
Chapter 8. Automating Repetitive Tasks Download Now »
Your Guide to CCENT and CCNA IOS Commands
This book is an ideal supplement to Todd Lammle’s CCENT and CCNA Study Guides, and a great quick reference for any Cisco networking administrator. Covering IOS version 15, each chapter begins with a short introduction, explaining what tasks will be discussed, followed by detailed explanations of and examples of the commands. The book includes an easy-to-navigate table of commands broken into the following topic areas:
- Internetworking and TCP/IP
- Cisco command line interface (CLI) and Security Device Manager (SDM)
- Router Configuration
- LAN Switch Configuration
- Advanced IOS and Troubleshooting
- Access Lists
- Network Address Translation
- Wide Area Networks
Download Now »
Create positive visibility for your business with this essential roadmap
Everyone now understands the importance of online reviews on sites such as Yelp. This unique book helps you influence the process and leverage the results to increase sales and revenue. Five Stars is the perfect guide to a timely and crucial marketing tactic for today’s savvy small business owners and marketers. Find out how to get more (and better) online reviews for your business, track and monitor them, leverage them effectively in social media and elsewhere, and handle negative reviews with aplomb.
Packed with tools, techniques, and great case studies, this practical book is what you need to grab the reins, shape the online conversation, and get reviews that sell.
- Shows you how to get and leverage online reviews from websites such as Yelp and niche sites related to your business
- Explains tools, techniques, and tactics you can use to start shaping conversations and building positive visibility
- Demystifies a complex topic, empowering you to make the most of this valuable marketing tactic
- Written by the expert author team of the popular and practical SEO_An Hour a Day books; the authors offer a similar task-based approach to help you succeed
If you’re a retail, service, or e-commerce marketer, you won’t want to miss Five Stars: Putting Online Reviews to Work for Your Business.
Download Now »
Todd Lammle’s focused, concise review guide, updated for the latest CCNA exams
CCNA is one of the most sought after certifications for IT professionals. If you’re preparing for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification, this Sybex review guide offers the best quick review available. Organized by exam objective, it’s the perfect supplement to other learning tools, including the Sybex CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide (ISBN: 9781118749616). All exam topics from exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120 are thoroughly covered, and additional study materials including bonus exams, electronic flashcards, and a searchable glossary of terms are also available.
- Organized by exam objectives, this Sybex review guide provides a thorough and intensive review of all topics required for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification exams
- Lead author Todd Lammle is a Cisco networking authority and the bestselling author of numerous Cisco exam-prep books
- Covers exams 100-101, 200-101, and 200-120, and is a perfect companion to Sybex’s CCNA Routing and Switching Study Guide
- Additional study materials are available, including bonus practice exams, electronic flashcard questions, and a glossary of terms in searchable PDF form
Using the CCNA Routing and Switching Review Guide will boost your confidence Download Now »