Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer Exams 1Z0-804 and 1Z0-805 is a concise, comprehensive, step-by-step, and one-stop guide for the Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer Exam. The first two chapters set the stage for exam preparation and let the reader get started quickly. The first chapter answers frequently asked questions about the OCPJP exam.
This book assumes that the reader is already familiar with Java fundamentals which is in line with the prerequisite of having a OCAJP certification.
The book sports considerable supportive material to help the reader in effective exam preparation in the form of appendices:
- 2 mock tests to give the reader a sense of a real-exam.
- An instant refresher summarizing the most important concepts (with tips on answering questions) to revise just before the exam.
This book will be a delectable read for any OCPJP aspirant because of its simple language, example driven approach, and easy-to-read style. Further, given its 100% focus on the exam and helpful supportive material, this book is clearly an attractive buy to OCPJP aspirants worldwide.
What you’ll learn
- In-depth coverage of all 13 exam topics for the certification.
- The book covers programming concepts succinctly with numerous illustrative programming and real-world examples. These examples will help the reader quickly internalize the discussed concepts.
- The reader will clearly understand the scope and objectives of the exam, the technical topics covered in the exam, and type and level-of-difficulty of the exam questions. With this, the reader will clearly know what’s exactly required for passing the exam.
- Review questions tune the reader to an “exam mindset”. By making mistakes and reading the detailed explanations for the answers, the reader will be better prepared for getting certified. Attempting the practice questions and mock test will help the reader gain necessary confidence to clear the exam.
Who this book is for
This book is targeted primarily at students and programmers who want to crack the OCPJP exam. Trainers and teachers can use this book as training material for OCPJP exam preparation.
This book is also useful to readers who want to refresh their knowledge in Java programming or gain better understanding on using various Java APIs.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The OCPJP 7 Exam: FAQ
Chapter 2. Pretest
Chapter 3. Java Class Design
Chapter 4. Advanced Class Design
Chapter 5. Object-Oriented Design Principles
Chapter 6. Generics and Collections
Chapter 7. String Processing
Chapter 8. Java I/O Fundamentals
Chapter 9. Java File I/O (NIO.2)
Chapter 10. Building Database Applications with JDBC
Chapter 11. Exceptions and Assertions
Chapter 12. Localization
Chapter 13. Threads
Chapter 14. Concurrency
Chapter 15. OCPJP 7 Quick Refresher
Appendix A. Exam Topics
Appendix B. Mock Test – 1
Appendix C. Mock Test – 2
- Paperback: 656 pages
- Publisher: Apress (March 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1430247649
- ISBN-13: 978-1430247647