Get the inside scoop on Hyper-V for Windows Server 2008 R2Virtualization is a top priority for thousands of companies all over the world. Written by an author team that is part of the Windows virtualization group at Microsoft, Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V will walk you through Hyper-V essentials so you can get you up to speed and down to business with Hyper-V.
Now fully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, you will find additional content on new features and capabilities such as Live Migration and support for 64 Logical Processors (LP).
- Teaches how to manage virtual machines with the latest System Center tools such as Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, Data Protection Manager 2010, and Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Covers all of the new functionalities of Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, including Live Migration, 64 LP support, Processor Compatibility Mode, enhanced processor functionality support, hot-add and remove of storage, TCP Offload support, and VM Queue support
- Demonstrates key scenarios for Hyper-V, including server consolidation, testing and development, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, and Dynamic IT
- Provides step-by-step instructions and examples
This insiders guide will help you get the most out of your hardware and reduce cost with Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V.
From the Back Cover
Jump into Hyper-V and start virtualizingWant to efficiently run multiple copies of Windows and Linux on the same server? Or create highly available virtual machines with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2? Written by members of the virtualization team at Microsoft, the new edition of this practical guide has been fully updated to cover the new features and capabilities of Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V. From installing and configuring to achieving high availability and automating tasks, this book provides you with expert tips and best practices to help you start taking advantage of Hyper-V today.
- Build a scalable environment that helps you increase processing without additional IT investments
- Migrate your virtual machine, automate tasks, and utilize scripting
- Ensure high availability and improve the performance of your virtual networks
- Take advantage of new features and new processor functionality
- Discover how to use virtualization for disaster recovery and quick migrations
- Learn to effectively manage virtual machines with the latest System Center tools: Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2, Data Protection Manager 2010, and System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: Sybex (June 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 047062700X
- ISBN-13: 978-0470627006