Prepare for the new CCNA exams with this Todd Lammle study guide
Cisco author, speaker, and trainer Todd Lammle is considered the authority on all things networking, and his books have sold almost a million copies worldwide. This all-purpose CCNA study guide methodically covers all the objectives of the ICND1 (100-101) and ICND2 (200-101) exams as well as providing additional insight for those taking CCNA Composite (200-120) exam. It thoroughly examines operation of IP data networks, LAN switching technologies, IP addressing (IPv4/IPv6), IP routing technologies, IP services, network device security, troubleshooting, and WAN technologies.
Valuable study tools such as a companion test engine that includes hundreds of sample questions, a pre-assessment test, and multiple practice exams. Plus, you’ll also get access to hundreds of electronic flashcards, author files, and a network simulator.
- CCNA candidates may choose to take either the ICND1(100-101) and ICND2 (200-101) exams or the CCNA Composite exam (200-120); this study guide covers the full objectives of all three
- Written by bestselling Sybex study guide author Todd Lammle, an acknowledged authority on all things Cisco
- Covers essential Cisco networking topics such as operating an IP data network, IP addressing, switching and routing technologies, troubleshooting, network device security, and much more
- Includes a comprehensive set of study tools including practice exams Download Now »
Fully updated for Windows 8.1! Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-687 – and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of configuring Windows 8.1 in the enterprise. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSA or MCSE level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
- Install and upgrade to Windows 8.1
- Configure hardware and applications
- Configure network connectivity
- Configure access to resources
- Configure remote access and mobility
- Monitor and maintain Windows clients
- Configure backup and recovery options
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
- Organizes its coverage by objectives for Exam 70-687.
- Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
- Designed for IT professionals who have real-world experience configuring or supporting Windows 8.1 computers, devices, users, and associated network and security resources. Download Now »
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for core configuration and administrative tasks in Windows Server 2012 R2. Zero in on the essentials through quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to save time and get the job done – whether at your desk or in the field.
- Administration overview
- Managing servers running Windows Server 2012 R2
- Monitoring services, processes, and events
- Automating administrative tasks, policies, and procedures
- Enhancing computer security
- Using Active Directory
- Core Active Directory administration
- Creating user and group accounts
- Managing existing user and group accounts
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Windows Server 2012 R2 administration
Chapter 2. Deploying Windows Server 2012 R2 Download Now »
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering storage, security, and networking features in Windows 8.1. Zero in on core tasks through quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information you need to save time and get the job done – whether at your desk or in the field.
- Managing firmware, boot configuration, and startup
- Using TPM and BitLocker
- Managing disk drives and file systems
- Configuring advanced storage
- Managing file security and resource sharing
- Maintaining data access and availability
- Configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking
- Managing mobile networking and remote access
- Configuring advanced networking solutions
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Managing Firmware, Boot Configuration, and Startup
Chapter 2. Using TPM and BitLocker Drive Encryption Download Now »
Metasploit software helps security and IT professionals identify security issues, verify vulnerability mitigations, and manage expert-driven security assessments. Capabilities include smart exploitation, password auditing, web application scanning, and social engineering. Teams can collaborate in Metasploit and present their findings in consolidated reports. The goal of the software is to provide a clear understanding of the critical vulnerabilities in any environment and to manage those risks.
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook, Second Edition contains chapters that are logically arranged with an increasing level of complexity and thoroughly covers some aspects of Metasploit, ranging from pre-exploitation to the post-exploitation phase. This book is an update from version 4.0 to version 4.5. It covers the detailed penetration testing techniques for different specializations like wireless networks, VOIP systems, and the cloud.
Metasploit Penetration Testing Cookbook, Second Edition covers a number of topics which were not part of the first edition. You will learn how to penetrate an operating system (Windows 8 penetration testing) to the penetration of a wireless network, VoIP network, and then to cloud.
The book starts with the basics, such as gathering information about your target, and then develops to cover advanced topics like building your own framework scripts and modules. The book goes deep into operating-systems-based penetration testing techniques and moves ahead with client-based exploitation methodologies. Download Now »
Debian is one of the most popular Linux-based operating systems, with over 37 thousand software packages available in several architectures. Debian 7 is the latest version of this universal operating system and provides the foundation for thousands of web servers. It is easy to install, stable, and provides mechanisms for system security.
Debian 7: System Administration Best Practices provides valuable background information, tips, and advice on the major areas of installing, maintaining, and administering Debian Linux, from single systems to clusters. Learn what makes Debian the most stable and popular Linux distribution for Internet sites.
Debian 7: System Administration Best Practices is an overview of what administrators need to know in order to effectively administer Debian Linux systems, providing guidance and advice on what is available, and what experience has shown to work best. Starting with what distinguishes Debian from other Linux distributions, you will learn about the Debian project. Learn about the ways systems are booted, and how best to lay out disk partitions, and the basic methods to install and configure Debian software packages. Discover how to manage Debian systems, from bootup to shutdown, and what security measures may be required for your peace of mind, as well as advice on advanced topics that include high availability clustering.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn how the new Universal Extensible Firmware Interface affects Linux installation Download Now »